The aim of the Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale Neighbourhood Plan is to set out planning policies for the years up to 2026 that will ensure that our area develops and grows in a way that is sustainable economically, socially and environmentally, and which enhances and improves the communities we live in. The main aims of our Neighbourhood Plan, which were included in our Vision statement and received strong support in community consultations, are:
- To protect the green and leafy appearance of our surroundings and the distinct character of our villages.
- To maintain the separation between our villages, avoiding the creep of urban sprawl.
- To encourage and facilitate a redevelopment of the centre of Ascot and its High Street, to deliver a more viable, attractive shopping centre, a vibrant and successful evening economy and desired community facilities.
- To sensitively develop the area around the retail centre of Sunningdale to improve its future economic viability and deliver additional parking capacity and community amenities.
- To preserve and enhance the character of Sunninghill village centre.
- To meet new housing demand in a way that is sympathetic to the area, that ensures that the right type of housing is built in the right locations, and that a mix of housing types is delivered, to especially include family homes that are affordable by a wide section of the population.
- To minimise the impact of development on the natural and built environment.
- To protect the biodiversity of our area, our local wildlife and its habitat and our trees.
- To create through the planning system an environment that makes it attractive for micro, small and medium-sized businesses and shops to locate and flourish in the area,
- To retain the current employment sites and provide sustainable employment opportunities for those who live within and outside it.
- To seek ways of addressing the problems of traffic congestion on our roads and the lack of parking.
- To ensure our roads and streets provide safer and more accessible routes, better balancing the needs of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers.
- To ensure all residents have easy access to community facilities and community green, open spaces for leisure and recreation.
To download a Highlights Summary of the contents and policies in our Neighbourhood Plan, click here.
To download a copy of the Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale Neighbourhood Plan, click here. [Note: large file size 17818 KB]
For Appendices, click here. [Note: large file size 6554 KB]
If you have a problem downloading the file sizes above, we have split up the Plan into 7 parts – Part A to Part G – see below.
A, S & S NP Part A (Sections 1-4) [Note: large file size 1741 KB]
A, S & S NP Part B (Section 5) [Note: large file size 2355 KB]
A, S & S NP Part C (Section 6) [Note: large file size 3379 KB]
A, S & S NP Part D (Section 7) [Note: file size 779 KB]
A, S & S NP Part E (Section 8) [Note: large file size 4608 KB]
A, S & S NP Part F (Section 9) [Note: file size 686 KB]
A, S & S NP Part G (Appendices) [Note: large file size 5632 KB]